Adding solid food to the baby’s diet can be quite challenging for most parents. Intelligent parents prefer making homemade baby food despite the wide varieties available in the market since it is far healthier and cheaper than store-bought baby food. It is hard to think of recipes which your baby will like while providing them with the most essential nutrients at the same time. If you own a baby food processor, you can experiment with a variety of different foods to invent new dishes for your little one to enjoy. Here are 10 interesting recipes for all development stages to get you started.
Peach and Banana Puree
- 1 peach, skin removed and cubed
- 1 banana, peeled and cubed
Transfer the ingredients to your baby food processor and puree to achieve the desired texture.
Oat, Pear Apple, and Cinnamon Puree
- ½ cup of oats
- 1 pear, steamed in baby food processor
- 1 apple, steamed in baby food processor
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Puree the ingredients using a baby food processor until you get the texture your baby prefers. You may add boiled water in case you want it thinner.
Peanut Butter Cup “Ice Cream”
- 1 frozen banana, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips
Transfer all the ingredients to your baby food processor and process until you get a smooth, creamy mixture.
Avocado & Banana Baby food
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 bananas, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Transfer all the ingredients to the baby food processor bowl and puree until smooth enough for your baby.
Fromage Blanc and its Vanilla Pear
- 80 grams of fromage blanc
- 60 grams of pear
- ¼ tsp liquid vanilla
- Wash the pears and peel them. Divide it in half and remove the seeds. Cut it into smaller pieces.
- Steam the pear using baby food maker till it turns soft.
- Add fromage blanc and vanilla to it and blend to get a smooth puree.
Bok Choy, Ginger And Chicken Purée
- 1 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/4 cup cubed boneless chicken
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup of rice
- Transfer chicken, ginger and bok choy to the steamer basket of your baby food processor. Add water to the tank and begin steaming.
- When the contents are cooked through, transfer them to a bowl and save the cooking liquid for later use.
- If your baby food processor comes with a rice insert, transfer the rice to this insert. If the insert is not available, you may cook it in a saucepan.
- Add water to the tank along with 3/4 cup water into the rice insert.
- After the rice has been cooked, puree it along with the other ingredients adding an appropriate amount of cooking liquid if required.
White Fish, Carrot, and Leek Purée
- 16 ounces of fish, bones removed
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 1 leek, use only the green and white portions
- 1/2 cup of water
- Transfer fish, carrots and leek to the steamer basket and steam until all the contents are cooked through.
- Take the ingredients out on a plate and save the cooking liquid for later use.
- Puree the cooked ingredients until you get a smooth puree or a chunkier texture if that’s what your baby prefers.
- You may include as much cooking liquid while blending as preferred to attain the required consistency.
Butternut Squash & Pear Puree
- 450 grams butternut squash
- 1 pear
- Remove skin and seeds from butternut squash and cut it into pieces.
- Place it in the steamer basket. Add water to the tank and steam it for about 10 minutes.
- Peel the pear, cut it in half, remove the seeds and then cut it into further pieces.
- Transfer it to the steamer basket along with butternut squash and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Check to see if butternut squash is soft. If not, cook further until the squash cooks through. Take out the cooked ingredients and save some of the cooking liquid.
- Puree the contents along with a little cooking liquid to get the texture and consistency which your baby prefers.
Mango & Banana Puree
- 1 banana
- 1 mango, pick a small one
- Peel banana and cut it into pieces.
- Peel mango and take out all the flesh from it, discarding the pit.
- Transfer the prepared ingredients to baby food processor and puree until smooth. You can also leave the puree a bit chunky if your baby is learning to chew.
- You may add an appropriate amount of boiled water, breast milk or formula milk while pureeing to get the desired consistency.
- 1 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- Transfer the chopped zucchini to the steamer basket of your baby food maker and add water to the tank.
- Let it steam for about 5 minutes or until zucchini tenderizes.
- Puree it, adding a little water if required, until you get the right texture for your baby.